Wednesday, July 31, 2013

San Pedro de Atacama

Last week from Tuesday to Friday, I went to San Pedro de Atacama with my GW program. San Pedro is in the Atacama Desert in the north of Chile. Our two hour flight would have been about a 20 hour bus drive, so I am VERY glad we flew :). I think pictures speak louder than words so I am going to post many pictures.
view leaving Santiago from the plane
 
the whole group attempting to jump in sync
The first afternoon we hiked all around and climbed a hill to watch the sun set.
we were about to walk down that huge hill...
walking down
made it half way!
and we are at the bottom!
 

The next day we woke up to leave at 5am and go see the geysers. IT WAS FREEZING!!!!!!!

Vicuñas - to read more about the animal click HERE

The last day we went sandboarding! I don't have any action pics yet, but here are some :)
  

The little town we stayed in was really cute! It was small and very touristy, but really cool. 
The Atacama Desert is the driest hot desert in the world, and let me tell you that it gets extremely cold at night, especially because it is winter in the southern hemisphere right now! We were very surprised that the last day it actually started raining! It was only a few drops, but because of that I took a picture of the rain on the ground :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment